Do you have proven experience in managing large and complex strategic transformation programs? Then we have a challenging job opening for you! As a Program Manager/Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for transformation programs within our Benelux organization.
Allianz is the HOME for those who DARE!
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, AllSecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
As a Program/Project Manager, you will coordinate all the efforts required to provide services to the (internal) client. You will act as the single point of contact for strategic discussions and act as a critical sparring partner for both the business and the organizational management within a truly global insurance company.
In this role, you will be in charge of program management and project initiation. You will be shaping a programme including multiple projects (project scope definition, budget, and planning through delivery), together with key business and stakeholders. You will also initiate projects with regards to clarifying project scope, budget, staffing the team, communicating roles/responsibilities, and developing work plans/schedules. You are responsible for program/project portfolio management and you will monitor the program/project portfolio contribution to the global strategy of the company. You contribute to ensure consistency within the overall company portfolio of program/projects. You will be managing the program/project delivery during all steps of the life cycle from vision to roll-out (end-to-end) and steer the analysis/delivery resources internally and externally.
You will also monitor progress to ensure program objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and business results are realized. You will be the final point of approval for contingency plans and scope changes. Besides this, you will document, communicate, and administer key project management elements (e.g. scope, schedule, budget, issue, risk, quality, and communication). Other tasks and responsibilities are:
- Act as “hub,” collecting information from the internal project team and communicating status on a regular basis to the Board of Management with a clear view on all projects and programs of the portfolio
- Provide multiple business owners and product management analytical information and propose arbitrages to the Board of Management when needed
- Responsible for business and organizational management
- Manage work of cross-functional teams both on the business side; but and on the IT side implementing technologies and systems solutions involving multiple components, interfaces, and user groups
- Facilitate issues resolution and trade-off decisions with other teams, senior management, and business owners
- Ensure sponsors receive the right information at the right time regarding program performance
- Understand and meet the expectations of program sponsors
- Serve as the point of contact for the program sponsor and governance team
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the Benelux region and translates them into clear (project) business cases
- Act as a sparring partner for Board Members, by proactively delivering input and support on the formulation and realization of the Allianz Benelux strategy
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the organization as a whole and drive change
- Envision the entire process and potential savings aligned with the global strategy
We are looking for someone in possession of at least a relevant Master’s degree. The ideal candidate has experience in strategic management and in portfolio management. You have proven steering skills and the ability to motivate and align parties involved. You are also used to operate in a dynamic and complex environmental structure both from a cultural aspect, as well as in managing very visible projects with tight schedules at the same time. We are looking for someone who is a strong sparring partner and someone who is able to build bridges and challenge (internal) customers. Besides this, you also possess the following skills:
- Proactive, result-oriented with the ability to work and make decisions independently
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) in both Dutch and/or French and English are required
- In-depth project management know-how, experienced working with the principles of Lean Six Sigma or Prince2 or another relevant project management system would be a plus
- Experience in project management in an insurance company is a strong asset
- Experience in a similar position where you have managed the translation of business requirements into solutions in an end-to-end position by keeping in mind the financial and requirement analysis
- Experience with a multi-sourcing and off-shoring delivery model is a strong asset
What do you get in return?
- Working in a dynamic environment in Allianz, world leader in financial services and insurance
- Pleasant work environment
- The freedom and independence that you wish
- Broad growth and development opportunities in a multilingual Benelux organization
- Located in the heart of Rotterdam at Coolsingel
- Good compensation package and excellent working conditions
Have we sparked your interest?
Don’t hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!
Do you have any questions regarding this job opening? Please contact:
T: +31 (0)6 38 76 11 51