Do you want to contribute to Allianz Benelux becoming a truly digital and data driven insurer? Then you might be our new (Lead) Data Scientist!
Allianz is the HOME for those who DARE!
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140.000 people serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, Allsecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
Task and responsibilities
A data driven company, state of the art customer journeys, excellent pricing, innovative products such as telematics based and on demand insurance: Allianz Benelux is transforming into a truly digital insurer and this comes with interesting challenges.
As part of the Benelux Data Office you will work for the Advanced Analytics Center of Competence. You will work cross Allianz businesses within the Benelux and collaborate with Allianz global analytics teams. Your goal will be to drive the industry’s most innovative data solutions to Allianz business all the way to day operations.
What you’ll do
Leveraging your advanced data analysis skills, you will create innovative approaches to answer our clients’ most relevant questions, to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact. In this role, you will act as an analytics translator, communicating complex data related requirements between business and IT stakeholders. You will have a strong understanding of the design and development process of data analytics tools and you want to see your models implemented successfully in the actual business processes . That’s why you want to work with the stakeholders in agile mode to ensure success.
• You have 3-5 years of hands-on mathematical modeling experience in business environment and a Master’s degree in quantitative field like Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics, Physics, Actuarial, Statistics, Mathematics or related field required.
• Next to that you have at least 2 years of experience working with one or more data mining tools such R, Python, SAS, SPSS
Other requirements are:
• Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
• Proven experience in working with large datasets and databases (SQL/no-SQL)
• Knowledge of additional programming languages is a plus (C++, Java, NodeJS)
• Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way
• Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
• Proven leaders with the ability in inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership, result-driven achievers
• Insurance experience
What do you get in return?
We offer you a challenging role in an international landscape (mainly Rotterdam).
• Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in assistance and insurance
• A pleasant working atmosphere and a great work-life balance
• An experienced and enthusiastic team
• An engaging, analytical, social, multilingual job in a close-knit Benelux company
• A company located in the heart of Rotterdam at Coolsingel
• Development opportunities and an attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits in line with your experience
Have we sparked your interest?
Don’t hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!
Do you have any questions regarding this job vacancy? Please contact:
T: +31 (0)6 38 76 11 51