Allianz is currently Transforming its HR Function and strengthening the Allianz Benelux HR team. We are looking for a Head of Industrial Relations (IR) and Labor Law (LL) for Allianz Nederland. The Head of Industrial Relations and Labor Law plays an important role in advising local senior management in the Netherlands on the day-to-day IR & LL issues and operates in full alignment with the organization’s overall strategic objectives and group HR guidelines. Are you our new colleague?
Allianz is the HOME for those who DARE!
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people, and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, AllSecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
The Head of Industrial Relations and Labor Law for Allianz Netherlands proactively identifies and reports on emerging IR & LL issues and defines strategies to prevent, minimize or resolve disputes, challenges, and issues to ensure organizational priorities are met. You’ll be the expert who ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing HR policies and practices according to the local regulations (e.g. Employee Regulations/Handbook, CLA topics, Pension regulations, etc.). Besides that, you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Builds and manages awareness and competence with management and HR professionals (HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Expertise, and HR Operations) on relevant IR & LL topics
- Supports and coaches line managers and HR professionals in their contacts with the Trade Unions and acts to them as legal advisor on employment issues
- Stays abreast to IR & LL and sector developments (insurance industry) in the Netherlands affecting the company and synthesizes the information to incorporate it into company practices and policies
- Makes recommendations and escalates this to the Head of HR for Allianz Benelux and CEO of Allianz Nederland on material IR & LL issues
- Works closely with the Head of IR & LL for Belgium to ensure a common and aligned approach across the Benelux
- Collaborates actively to the One Benelux Completion wave (streamlining HR processes at Benelux level wherever possible) and the Allianz Group HR Transformation program as IR & LL subject matter expert. These programs require an important transformation of the current employment practices and tools (e.g. flexibility at work) in the Benelux area
- Provides operational and strategic support to potential M&A and outsourcing deals from an IR (interactions/communications with Trade Unions) and LL point of view (contractual aspects of outsourcing deals, risk management, staff transition, and impact to internal organization)
- Manages IR & LL projects advising HR, Legal, and Management as appropriate (more specifically in the area of Industrial Relations)
- Manages all aspects related to the Works Council in the Netherlands, acting as the first point of contact for the union representatives, and fostering strong relationships with them
- Prepares and participates to the Daily Management (“Dagelijks Bestuur”) and Work Council (“Ondernemingsraad”) meetings and assures that all materials required in supporting these meetings are compliant
- Coordinates and implements all information (“informatieplicht”), advices (“adviesrecht”) and agreements (“instemminsgsrecht”) related to day-to-day management and organization development (e.g. restructuring, redeployment, performance management, workforce flexibility, etc.)
- Negotiates the Social Plan, monitors compliance, and ensures updates in line with business developments/needs
- Influences and participates to the preparations of the sector conventions (insurance industry) in the Netherlands
You are In the possession of at least a Master of Science Degree, preferably labor law, with a proven track record in an Industrial Relations and Labor Law function with a minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar role in HR. Besides that:
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch employment laws
- Relevant experience to cover full range of Dutch employment law matters, including outsourcing/restructuring, employment terms/conditions (e.g. pay and benefits, working time, termination, etc.), equality/diversity matters, grievances/disciplinary matters, litigation/dispute resolution, trade unions/collective rights, and employment status
- Proven experience in negotiations with the unions (from strategy to implementation)
- Broad HR experience and in-depth knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Proven track record within HR in guiding change projects and transitions (restructuring/policy changes, etc.) from a Work Council point of view
- High level of empathy, flexibility, adaptability, discretion, and credibility are indispensable to execute this HR function in a fast changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to inspire and influence
- Feel for figures, hands-on mentality, and project management skills
- Understanding of a complex matrix organization
- Experience in the insurance and/or financial service industry is a plus
- Fluent and excellent in both Dutch and English
As the Head of Industrial Relations & Labor Law, we offer you a challenging role in an international landscape. We DARE to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux in the field of HR and bring it the next level.
What do you get in return?
- Working in a dynamic environment in Allianz, world leader in financial assistance and insurance
- Pleasant work environment
- The freedom and independence that you wish
- Broad growth and development opportunities in a multilingual Benelux organization
- Good compensation package and excellent working conditions
Have we sparked your interest?
Don’t hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!
Do you have any questions regarding this job vacancy? Please contact:
T: +31 (0)6 38 76 11 51