The insurance space is changing rapidly. New ways of working, where data is transformed into knowledge, are evolving at a daily pace. Within Allianz Benelux, we are looking for a data modeller who can bring order in chaos. Are you able to increase entropy?
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, AllSecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
Within the newly established data office, we have an open position for a data modeller. In the Benelux team, you are responsible for managing the different data models produced and used by the different streams : data value management, master data hub, business intelligence and advanced analytics.
You will be responsible for transforming business information into logical data models and for managing the enterprise data model. You will also oversee and validate the conceptual and physical data models as made within the data office. The ideal candidate is experienced in industry standard techniques for data modelling, relational (ER modelling) and other modelling techniques such as UML or RDF, and preferably has worked with alternate modelling techniques such as DataVault and key modelling.
The Data Modeller will support our architects, BI and MDH analysts and data scientists on data initiatives. You are self-directed and proactive to identify and support the data needs of different teams and projects, and you are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
In this role, you will be working in a multi-cultural team, liaising with different departments and colleagues from different countries. Hence, full proficiency in English is a must.
The responsibilities for a Data Modeller
• You are responsible to model and manage data models
• Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
• Create conceptual, logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
• Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
• Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
• Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
• Develop data models according to company standards.
• Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
• Experience with technical writing, design specification documentation, requirement traceability, risk/issue management or tracking
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Comfortable with working in a dynamic and multi-national environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with agile way of working is an asset, in particular willingness to work in scrum sprint setup.
• Ideally 5+ years of experience in a Data Modeling role, or similar.
We DARE to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux and bring it to the next level.
We offer you a challenging role in an international landscape and more:
• Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in financial provision and insurance
• A pleasant working atmosphere and great work-life balance
• An experienced and enthusiastic team
• An engaging, analytical, social, and multilingual job
• A company located in the heart of Brussels at walking distance from the metro (planned move will be in 2019 to a brand new building at walking distance from the north station)
• Development opportunities and an attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits in line with your experience