What makes being a Senior Designer Ethernet Networks at Tele2 so much fun
You will be responsible for designing and developing the national IP Transport Network of Tele2. The Network has nationwide coverage and it delivers the Tele2 services to our customers. As a designer, you work in a team and you are responsible for the creation, registration and safeguarding of network concepts. In addition, you work on the cost-effective evolution of network platforms entrusted to the team.
This is what you will be doing
It is all about you;
- You participate in designing and improving networks, platforms, products and services
- You work out the concepts in to detailed designs, you document them and support in the realization
- You provide input and support to the network strategies, procedures and planning tools
- You set up functional requirements for the IT development teams
- You identify and support the solution of complex problems
- You apply standards in your work that ensure the quality of service
- You provide technical recommendations for RFPs
- You build a healthy working relationship with internal and external parties such as support teams and suppliers/vendors
- You investigate the feasibility, lead time and costs of new concepts
- You train various departments when introducing new technologies and products
- You coach your team members in working on the networks and products we use
The team that awaits you
Daily e-ve-ry Dutchman uses services that run through Tele2 networks. Talk about impact! The core of these services is our Network & IT department. Customer affiliation, service configurations, billing, hosting & security services; we are responsible for it all. Many of our IT systems for our Fixed & 4G services are developed, built and maintained by Tele2’s international Shared Operations organization. This allows us to work more efficient and keeps us competitive. The management for this all is based here, in Diemen. Where we consider all questions in the Dutch market. We do this in small, flexible teams that are close to the business and supplemented by tech-professionals from all over the world. Did we forget something? Oh, the most enjoyable network-drinks of the Netherlands of course!
This is how we picture you
Of course we expect you to be brilliant at what you do. And that your LinkedIn profile is bursting with words like hands on, solution orientated and stress resistant. But besides all that, we think a cultural match is just as important. That you always face your challenges in a positive way, that you like getting stuff done by being flexible and highly driven. And that our open and unconventional culture feels like home. The ‘small offices and knocking on doors thing’? No thanks. A dynamic and sometimes even hectic work environment? Bring it on! If all of this sounds like you, then this could be the start of something beautiful.
These things we also find important
- BSc or MSc education or work and thinking level
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in service provider or telecom environments
- Experience with routing and switching equipment (Cisco (ASR) and Juniper (MX) preferred)
- Certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP and / or JNCIE
- Experience with Carrier Ethernet, IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, multicast, QOS and network management protocols.
- Experience with UNIX and open source applications
- Scripting / NetOps / DevOps, and any other form of efficiency improvement!
- Strong analytical power.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-esteem and self-initiation.
Do we have a match?
Well, in that case we want to know all there is to know about you. Please click the button below, start the online application, and make us proud!
This is how we plan to grow together
At Tele2 we have quite an ambitious bunch of people walking around. People who we like to give all the room they need to come up with new initiatives. To challenge each other. And to challenge us. Why? Because it helps us grow. Both you and us. This makes Tele2 (if we may say so ourselves) a fantastic place to work. You being the best you can be, and our business getting ahead of the competition. Oh, and it’s not just a one way street. Of course we like to give you something back. Like investing in your personal growth. And we also love to learn from you! (Soufflé’s? Seriously. Teach us!) So join us. Knock us of our socks.
A little bit more about ourselves (if you insist)
At Tele2 we are all about breaking open telecom monopolies and shaking up markets. Simply so that customers can enjoy their products care free. This is what we’ve been doing since 1997, when we changed the market for fixed telephony. And that’s what we like to do now. In fact, we love the internet so much, that we’ve started building the 4G network that people are dreaming about. Apping, swiping, tweeting, and watching cat movies on every street corner will never be the same.