Why this job is a game-changer for You
You will be responsible for designing and developing the national IP Transport Network of Tele2. The Network has nationwide coverage and it delivers the Tele2 services to our customers. As a designer, you work in a team and you are responsible for the creation, registration and safeguarding of network concepts. In addition, you work on the cost-effective evolution of network platforms entrusted to the team.
Because you’re You….
- You participate in designing and improving networks, platforms, products and services.
- You work out the concepts in to detailed designs, you document them and support in the realization.
- You provide input and support to the network strategies, procedures and planning tools.
- You set up functional requirements for the IT development teams.
- You identify and support the solution of complex problems.
- You apply standards in your work that ensure the quality of service.
- You provide technical recommendations for RFPs.
- You build a healthy working relationship with internal and external parties such as support teams and suppliers/vendors.
- You investigate the feasibility, lead time and costs of new concepts.
- You train various departments when introducing new technologies and products.
- You coach your team members in working on the networks and products we use.
These are the people taking on the challenge with You
We know, from a distance the business market looks a little set in its ways. All the more reason for us to sink our teeth into it. Tele2 is the challenger in the business market. We add colour to doing business in the Netherlands. And we do this well. We ensure that the customer never (as in never) wants to leave. By always going the extra mile, we get great things done for our customers. We believe in service. That is how we connect businesses in the Netherlands!
Why we need You
Tele2 is a challenging company to work for. We work harder than most. Why? Because our customers deserve to get what they need. That’s why we need people who challenge outdated mindsets. People who think fast and rewrite the rules. Who have a fierce ambition to bring change.
We’ll start getting excited if you have:
- BSc or MSc education or work and thinking level
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in service provider or telecom environments
- Experience with routing and switching equipment (Cisco (ASR) and Juniper (MX) preferred)
- Certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP and / or JNCIE
- Experience with Carrier Ethernet, IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, multicast, QOS and network management protocols.
- Experience with UNIX and open source applications
- Scripting / NetOps / DevOps, and any other form of efficiency improvement!
- Strong analytical power.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-esteem and self-initiation.
We like You. Can we keep You?
Click the button below and apply for this position. Dreams are waiting to come true!
You will be doing your best for Tele2. Naturally, we want to reward that!
We believe in a connected life. For our customers and our employees. You create your workspace. At the office? You’ll be in good company! At home? Be sure to do the dishes while you’re there. The more people, places, and things are connected, the more value is created. For all of us.
You can also look forward to seriously funny colleagues, considerable discounts on our products, regular exercise with the Tele2 Health Club, and, of course, a salary, holiday leave, and generous bonuses.
Curious to find out more about the Tele2 culture? Follow us on social media and discover how we keep challenging the world. Or you’re always welcome to stop by for a coffee at our office. #WeAreTele2
Still reading? Then we’ll leave you with a little bit about Tele2
Although we might not be a start-up (we do have awesome macchiato’s), we do behave like one. Tele2 is and always will be a challenger. For over twenty years, we have been providing our customers with the service they deserve. And these days we’re on a mission to make a connected life completely carefree. We want to get rid of constraints that prevent people from being their best selves sooner rather than later. That is carefree living as it is meant to be. Because it can be. Are you ready to take on this challenge with us?